- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course is designed to expose students to potential career paths in the fields of public policy, banking, consulting, healthcare, and tech startup. The course is centered around bi-weekly, hour-long interviews with mid-career Cornell Alumni working in these fields. Students will get the opportunity to research the field as a potential career path, identify the nature of work carried out in the field, talk with executives about their career paths, and learn skills for internship application writing and resume building in that field. Between class meetings, small groups of students will meet with the instructors for an hour to work on gathering information about the field, and then conduct informal zoom interviews with the executives to prepare a set of interview questions.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: West Campus sophomores and juniors.
Comments This is a Learning Where You Live Course.Outcomes
- Develop a deep understanding of the career fields covered in the course.
- Identify career paths in these same fields.
- Develop interviewing skills.
- Develop resume writing skills.
- Develop cover letter writing skills.
- Develop interpersonal communication and networking skills.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment restricted to West Campus sophomores and juniors. This is a Learning Where You Live course.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: