- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2021 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2021 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Explores the structure, meanings, and implications of "public communication of science and technology" (PCST). Examines the contexts in which PCST occurs, looks at motivations and constraints of those involved in producing information about science for nonprofessional audiences, and analyzes the functions of PCST. Ties existing ideas about PCST to general communication research, and leads to developing new knowledge about PCST. Format is primarily seminar/discussion.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 2850, or COMM 3020, ENGRC 3500, or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (SSC-AS)
- Students will be able to identify scholarly literature relevant to analysis of public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze recurrent themes in the scholarly literature on public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to produce scholarly writing (including appropriate documentation) about public communication of science and technology.
Or send this URL: