- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Writing is an incredibly important skill to develop as a scientist, yet students are often left to develop their scientific writing skills without much guidance. This class will give students a supportive and low-stakes environment to learn about and practice scientific writing. The emphasis in this class will be on increasing your flexibility and confidence as a writer. You will learn how to use your existing strengths as a writer while also exploring different methods and tools you can use to compose scientific literature. Students will have the opportunity to explore the literature surrounding a scientific topic of their choosing. With their readings and class materials, students will develop the knowledge and tools needed to produce a review article, which they may eventually submit for publication.
When Offered Spring.
- Ask compelling scientific questions and search for literature relevant to a topic using databases and other resources.
- Synthesize original ideas and effectively explain scientific concepts through their writing.
- Communicate scientific ideas to diverse audiences through different genres.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
For more information about First-Year Writing Seminars, see the Knight Institute website at http://knight.as.cornell.edu/.
Disabled for this roster.