- Schedule of Classes - February 27, 2021 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 27, 2021 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Explores the history of public gardens, types of contemporary public gardens, and the operation of public gardens including botanical gardens and arboreta. Includes separate units on administration and business management of gardens, collections curatorship, collections design, educational programs, research, and management of landscapes and natural areas.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Field trip fee: approximately $100 for two-and-a-half-day trip to botanical gardens and arboreta.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PLHRT 3000, PLHRT 4910 or PLHRT 4920.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Describe all aspects of establishing, managing, and expanding public gardens, including botanical gardens, arboreta, historic landscapes, and conservatories.
- Address challenges that arise at public gardens, and thereby to improve their decision-making abilities.
- Articulate ways in which public gardens are addressing social and environmental issues, in their communities and on regional and global bases.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: PLHRT 3000 or PLHRT 4910.
Or send this URL: