- Schedule of Classes - May 15, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 15, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
In this spring-semester community facilitation practicum, students will revisit, reflect on and review the facilitator preparation strategy developed in the fall to prepare to offer garden educators the tools they need to lead others to grow in confidence and successfully raise a portion of their own food on a limited budget. Off-campus facilitation planned for and arranged during the fall will be implemented. Students will lead workshops and work with campus professionals to design methods to evaluate site host and facilitator responses and reflect with site hosts at key points to assess the approach as it is unfolds. Students with a grade of C or greater receive a certificate of completion, indicating their preparedness to lead Seed to Supper and similar garden-based facilitator preparation in communities.
When Offered Multi-semester course: Spring (offered in odd-numbered years only).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PLHRT 4270.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
Comments Students must complete both PLHRT 4270 and PLHRT 4271 for a final grade.Outcomes
- Demonstrate the balance between collaboration/ teamwork and independence/ leadership, in connecting and extending knowledge from academic study to the diverse communities with which we plan and lead facilitator preparation.
- Apply diverse approaches to facilitating community-engaged garden-based experiences and academic knowledge.
- Demonstrate skills and habits of reflection that include writing, asking questions, observing, analyzing, listening, and engaging with others in supportive discourse. Apply these reflective skills to consider from your and others' perspectives to make connections among community-engaged garden-based experiences, knowledge, values, and emotions.
- Integrate all your experiences from the two-semester course sequence and leave with 'real' preparation to lead workshops in communities in the future.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: PLHRT 4270. Students will be bulk-enrolled by registrar. Students must complete both PLHRT 4270 and PLHRT 4271 for a final grade.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: