- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Covers basic solid state and semiconductor physics relevant for understanding electronic and optical devices. Topics include crystalline structures, bonding in atoms and solids, energy bands in solids, electron statistics and dynamics in energy bands, effective mass equation, carrier transport in solids, Boltzmann transport equation, semiconductor homo- and hetero-junctions, optical processes in semiconductors, electronic and optical properties of semiconductor nanostructures, semiconductor quantum wells, wires, and dots, electron transport in reduced dimensions, semiconductor lasers and optoelectronics, high-frequency response of electrons in solids and plasmons.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students or permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEP 3610, AEP 4230.
- Learn basic principles of solid state and semiconductor physics needed to understand modern electronic and photonic devices.
- Learn how engineering materials and structures at the nanoscale enables novel electronic and photonic properties for a wide variety of engineering applications.
- Learn the relationship between basic science and engineering applications.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: ECE 4070
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWKimball Hall B11
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to students who are able to attend in-person classes in the Ithaca area.
Or send this URL: