- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Introduction to air and space propulsion. Emphasis on air-breathing gas-turbines. Chemical rocket propulsion. Brief discussion of electrical propulsion, of ramjets, and of reciprocating engines with propellers. Application of thermodynamic and fluid-mechanical principles to analysis of performance and design, including fuel efficiency and environmental impacts.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ENGRD 2210/MAE 2210 and MAE 3230 or equivalents. Recommended prerequisite: MAE 3050.
- Students will be able to describe and interpret the types, characteristics, and performance measures of combustion engines used in propulsion.
- Understand the thermodynamic and fluid mechanical principles underlying their performance.
- Predict how their performance depends on design parameters and operating conditions.
Disabled for this roster.