- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Food Science 3960 /5960 will focus on currently used food safety programs to control biological, chemical and physical hazards and assure the safety of foods. Topics include prerequisite programs such as Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), food safety management systems (SQF) and the application of current technologies in reducing foodborne illness. Upon successful completion of the course, the students will receive 1) General HACCP certification and 2) SQF implementation certification (through a collaboration with SQFI [Safe Quality Foods Institute]).
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fees: $135 - $60 for GMP certification and $75 for SQF testing and materials.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMI 2900 or permission of instructor.
- Develop a HACCP plans for different food industries.
- Describe laws and regulations governing food safety principles (preventive controls for human food/HACCP).
- Identify and discuss industry food safety requirements and certifications: organic, halal, kosher, and Global Food Safety Initiatives.
- Analyze different auditing schemes, and be able to complete internal (first party) audits.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: FDSC 3960
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Students participating in this course will be assessed a $125 course fee via the bursar for certification materials, SQF testing, and GMP certification.
Disabled for this roster.