- Schedule of Classes - May 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 13, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Covers the chemistry of foods and food ingredients. Discusses the chemical and physical properties of water, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and other food components and additives in the context of their interactions and functional roles in foods.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEM 1570 or BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Master the basics of food chemistry.
- Develop a qualitative understanding of the general principles that govern the behavior of food materials.
- Demonstrate a general familiarity with the principal groups of food molecules, their reactions in foods and during processing, and how their properties affect foods.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: CHEM 1570 or BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310.
Or send this URL: