- Schedule of Classes - May 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 13, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
The successful preparation of food for personal joy, or culinary and manufacturing profitability is driven by consumer perceptions of flavor, value, nutrition, ecological implications, in that order. Therefore, understanding flavor perception is essential for the creation of successful foods.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: at least one semester each of general chemistry and biology (including material on psychology and physiology). Additional coursework in biochemistry, sensory perception, and psychology is desirable.
- Define the common terms used in the study of flavor perception and be able to use these terms to illustrate the process of a flavor experience.
- Be able to explain a flavor experience in terms of measurable perceptions and components and be able to discuss the role emotions play in flavor perception.
- Be able to explain how data collected on an individual's flavor perception relates to group behavior (liking, purchasing, and eating).
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Or send this URL: