- Schedule of Classes - May 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 13, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This is a course with an emphasis on understanding the interactions of food ingredients and their role and functionality in the food product. This course is designed to enable students to utilize a step by step problem solving approach to tackle challenges found in the food industry. Examples of these challenges will be presented as case studies obtained from literature and food industry.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FDSC 4170.
- Identify properties of various food ingredients based on their chemical composition and associated function.
- Describe techniques that can be utilized to measure food ingredients properties and monitor quality of raw ingredients and final products.
- Explain chemical interactions that occur between ingredients in a food matrix during food processing and storage.
- Recommend suitable food ingredients for a food product based on required processing systems and storage condition.
- Solve food ingredient-related problems and identify healthier ingredients choices.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MOnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: FDSC 4180 or concurrent enrollment
Or send this URL: