- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Introduces basic analytical techniques for food analysis and other biological analysis. Emphasizes fundamental principles of analytical chemistry, basic laboratory techniques, and modern instrumental methods. Discusses gravimetric, volumetric, and spectrophotometric methods, gas chromatography, high-performance liquid chromatography, infrared spectra, and atomic absorption spectrometry.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEM 2070 and CHEM 1570, or equivalent.
- Describe the principles of food analysis methods.
- Perform basic laboratory techniques in quantitative analysis.
- Write a report, interpret and explain the results obtained in the laboratory.
- Select official methods for food analysis and perform the assays.
- Integrate and apply core competencies in Food Chemistry and Analysis to solve/explain food analysis problems.
- Apply the problem solving and systems analysis skills described above to new situations.
- Present an oral report on the nutritional label of a complex food product.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: CHEM 2070 and CHEM 1570 or equivalent.
Disabled for this roster.