- Schedule of Classes - May 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 13, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
The goals of this course are to help students make healthier and safer food choices and critically evaluate contemporary foodissues. Topics include: food systems, federal dietary guidelines, relationships between diet and health, the obesity epidemic,vegetarian diets, and the role of food processing and biotechnology in feeding an expanding global population. Contemporary issuesrelated to nutrition and food safety, including food ethics, genetically engineered foods, food allergens, world hunger, andsustainability of food systems, are discussed. Students analyze the nutritional quality of their personal diets using Food Tracker,USDA's on-line diet analysis software.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Identify healthy and safe food choices.
- Examine fundamental nutrition concepts necessary for selecting healthy diets and interpreting nutrition literature.
- Discuss the impact of modern food science and technology on food choices.
- Develop a greater awareness and understanding of the factors that influence perceptions of contemporary food issues.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TROnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Or send this URL: