- Schedule of Classes - May 6, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 6, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Course is designed to explore strategies and instruction across three aspects of adult education: the Cooperative Extension Service as a structured delivery vehicle, outreach in more informal and non-traditional formats, and college instruction as a formal structure to deliver technical expertise. The intent is to develop a program to meet our target audience, then implement a plan that successfully meets the needs and expectations of instructor and participants alike.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Students will become aware of differences and similarities across the audience profiles and develop targeted approaches to each.
- Students will gain understanding of the history and future development of extension programming and how it impacts instructional methods and opportunities.
- Students will develop a personal philosophy and vision for presenting technical information in a professional, yet approachable format that stimulates questions and further inquiry.
- Students will gain competency in selecting and integrating appropriate technological tools for instruction across a variety of audiences.
- Students will develop techniques to establish programming that differentiates presentations for a workshop, outreach program, and classroom presentation.
- Students will understand assessment strategies to verify learning objectives have been met and ascertain participant attitudes toward topics.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: EDUC 5510
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRUris Hall 202
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to students who are able to attend in-person classes in the Ithaca area.
Or send this URL: