- Schedule of Classes - May 6, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 6, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This seminar introduces students to a number of qualitative research methods in the social sciences. Discusses field observation, archival research, in-depth individual interviews, and focus group interviews. Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of various strategies of field research and consider a range of practical matters such as choice of research site (and sample where appropriate). Considers choice of research questions and issues of feasibility in research plans. Ethical considerations are highlighted. Students produce a full-length research proposal of their own by the course's end.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Ph.D. students.
- Understand various qualitative research methods and be able to choose the best method for a project.
- Analyze field research strategies and choose the most appropriate for a project.
- Employ ethical considerations when carrying out qualitative research projects.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- ROnline Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment limited to PhD students. Other graduate students may contact the professor for permission.
Or send this URL: