- Schedule of Classes - July 28, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 28, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This is a graduate design theory course. The primary objective is to introduce topical issues of design in the built environment, with a focus on enclosure. Different theoretical themes will be introduced and explored each week through critical readings, discussions, and creative synthesis.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
- Acquire grounding in the field of design theory as it pertains to the built environment and be able to apply it to contemporary design issues.
- Develop a greater proficiency in critical thinking through rhetorical and historiographical analyses of the readings.
- Incorporate a greater breadth of disciplinary perspectives as the world of ideas, philosophy, is compared to the world of interventions, design.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- FM Van Rensselaer Hall 4231
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Hybrid-Online and In Person
Enrollment limited to students who are able to attend in-person classes in the Ithaca area.
Or send this URL: