- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course will focus on computational tools and methods for content creation in different domains. We will cover methods used in interactive artistic applications (visual arts, film, music, video games) as well as domains where complete automation is the goal (e.g., photometric reconstruction and image-based rendering, data augmentation). The course will involve a mix of lectures given by the instructor and presentations/discussions about research papers that will be assigned to students. Topics will include: different representations of images (e.g., vector and raster graphics), 3D models (e.g., surface manifolds vs volumetric representations), and audio (e.g., time signals vs short-time spectra), as well as parametric control of these representations and their relation to other types of data.
When Offered Spring.
Comments A theory or program heavy project will be completed.Outcomes
- Students should learn how to recognize the advantages and disadvantages of different representations for media.
- Students should demonstrate the ability to analyze and connect ideas from research papers in different domains (e.g., graphics, vision, music information retrieval, hci).
- Students should demonstrate a deeper practical understanding of how computation is used for content creation in domains that they pursue through course projects.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWarren Hall 175
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to CS graduate & professional students only. All others may add themselves to the waitlist during add/drop. Please go to http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courseinfo/enrollment for updates.
Enrollment limited to students who are able to attend in-person classes in the Ithaca area.
Or send this URL: