- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Covers the analysis of different types of biomaterials, synthetic or bio-derived, their synthesis, characterization and applications. The fundamental understanding of biomaterials chemistry and physics at the molecular level is emphasized. Mathematical analysis towards rational design of biomaterials is used throughout the course. In addition, examples from forefront biomaterials research will be used for case studies.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BEE 2220. Pre or co-requisite: BEE 3500.
- Students will demonstrate improved ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as relevant global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors (ABET 2).
- Students will demonstrate an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements which consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts (ABET 4).
- Students will improve their ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions (ABET 6).
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisites: Thermodynamics. Pre or co-req: mass transport.
Disabled for this roster.