- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
For the foreseeable future, higher education faces grand challenges that will call upon those in faculty positions to demonstrate a commitment to innovation, diversity, evidence-based teaching, assessment of student learning, and educational technology. This course addresses selected aspects of these challenges to better prepare current and future instructors (i.e., graduate students, teaching assistants, and post-doctoral fellows) in higher education. Course activities and assignments will allow for the exploration of learning theory, as well as the practical application of instructional design, technology, and assessment frameworks.
When Offered Spring.
- Describe major theories of how people learn
- Apply learning theory and instructional design principles to enhance instructional practice
- Build knowledge and skill in the assessment of student learning.
- Identify strategies for creating and sustaining inclusive environments for learning.
- Identify uses of educational technology to facilitate student success.
- Develop a collection of networks and resources to learn of ongoing discipline-specific educational research and professional development opportunities.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- W Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Disabled for this roster.