- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course is a team oriented approach to allow students to understand through a simulation what happens when a new business is launched with funding in place. During the course of the implementation they will be presented with obstacles that often occur in "real-life " situations and learn how to develop creative ways to solve and overcome those obstacles. By the end of the term, it is expected that each team will have experienced (through simulation) managing a new venture.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 1200 or AEM 2200 or equivalent, AEM 2220 or equivalent.
- Develop a company mission and vision
- Develop an appropriate budget; manage revenue and seek additional funding sources if necessary.
- Interview and hire employees and consultants.
- Acquire space and negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Deal with unexpected obstacles i.e. delays in material deliveries, sudden loss of key employees.
- Initiate a marketing plan for the company.
- Project development and achieving milestones.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: at least one business management and entrepreneurship course.
Disabled for this roster.