- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Part of the Grand Challenges program, the Pre-Project Immersion prepares students to work with a team during their senior year to solve a societal problem. The Immersion is an intensive learning experience with reinforcements throughout the semester. Students will build skills in working as part of a team, presenting to a client, reflecting on their experience, and demonstrating cultural humility.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Dyson students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2000 or AEM 2555 or AEM 2805 or AEM 2810 or permission of instructor.
- Work collaboratively with a team to practice managing a project.
- Use design thinking strategies to understand a problem and navigate uncertainty and complexity.
- Practice consulting skills, such as listening and engaging with community partners.
- Develop a communication strategy and demonstrate clear writing and effective presentation skills.
- Reflect on your views and experiences to improve self-awareness.
- Identify personal biases and understand how reframing and cultural humility may improve team and community outcomes.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - Mar 26, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment limited to Dyson students only. Students must be able to attend synchronously to enroll in the class. No accommodations for asynchronous instruction will be made.
Disabled for this roster.