- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Diversity is everywhere. But research and experience show diversity alone does not produce better results. To reap the benefits of diversity, organizational leaders must understand and be prepared to address the challenges of our diverse, interconnected world. One academically proven way to maximize the benefits differences bring to organizations is to combine diversity with cultural intelligence (CQ), the capability to relate and work effectively in culturally diverse situations. This course is designed to cultivate a theoretical and practical understanding and application of the business case for diversity and inclusion, and help develop cultural intelligence for working successfully in today's diverse, globalized reality. This course combines conceptual and experiential approaches to diversity and inclusion in organizations through exercises, case studies, discussions, readings, videos, guest speakers, and group work.
When Offered Spring.
Distribution Category (D-AG)
- Students will be able to reflect on and evaluate your CQ capabilities.
- Students will be able to explore concrete ways to strengthen your CQ.
- Students will be able to apply CQ learnings to class discussions and course assignments.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the cultural issues that impact business operations in a global society.
- Students will be able to critically analyze diversity and inclusion issues and challenges in today's diverse and globalized world.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Online Meeting
- Feb 8 - May 14, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
Disabled for this roster.