- Schedule of Classes - April 6, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 6, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
In recent years, the scientific community has increasingly referred to "public engagement in science." This seminar explores the scholarly literature addressing that move; the links between "public engagement" and earlier concerns about sciences literacy, public understanding of science, and outreach; and the intersections between literature in communication and in science studies on issues involving the relationships among science(s) and public(s).
When Offered Spring (offered in even-numbered years only).Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify scholarly literature relevant to analysis of public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze recurrent themes in the scholarly literature on public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to produce scholarly writing (including appropriate documentation) about public communication of science and technology.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: COMM 6660
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- WMann Library 463
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Or send this URL: