- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Learn basic to advanced techniques; explore diverse media, including pen and ink, watercolor, and more. Record observations with accuracy; engage in self expression; create a portfolio. Course requires purchase of two texts and extensive supplies; engagement in an intensive auto-tutorial experience coupled with required meetings.
When Offered Spring (offered in even-numbered years only).
Distribution Category (LA-AG)
Comments This course is exclusive to Plant Sciences majors and Horticulture minors with a special focus in the plant-based arts.Outcomes
- Observe nature through both a scientific (structural) and an artistic (aesthetic) lens.
- Identify botanical art in the world around you.
- Articulate a personal aesthetic: what appeals to you, and what you enjoy.
- Learn to accurately portray various elements in the plant world.
- Gain proficiency in basic methods of botanical illustration using media such as graphite, pen & ink, watercolor, charcoal, colored pen and pencil, and soft pastel.
- Create a portfolio that showcases your work and demonstrates the range of your ability.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TPlant Science Building 141
Contact Marcia (me14) for permission to enroll.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: