- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Discusses quantitative genetics for more effective plant breeding. Topics include population genetics, linkage, components of variance; heritability; theoretical gain from selection; and genotypic and phenotypic correlation coefficients.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PLBRG 4030 and BTRY 6010 or equivalent.
- Analyze and evaluate literature involving quantitative genetic experiments.
- Design and analyze quantitative genetic experiments.
- Statistically analyze phenotypic data of plant traits to take into account genotype x environment interaction.
- Explain how to manage breeding populations to accomplish your breeding objectives.
- Evaluate options for breeding strategies to maximize progress from selection.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one laboratory.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFPlant Science Building 143
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Or send this URL: