- Schedule of Classes - April 3, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 3, 2020 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course addresses land use and land governance in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Students explore how changes in land use shape prospects for sustainable livelihoods in connection with agriculture, non-timber forest products, and tourism. This course is offered in conjunction with Cornell Abroad's program: Cornell in India: Nilgiris Field Learning Center (NFLC). The NFLC is an engaged learning and research program where Cornell students and members of local communities live, study, and research together for 16 weeks each spring.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students admitted to the Nilgiris Field Learning Center study abroad program with 3.0 GPA.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CRP 3750.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
Comments This course is offered in conjunction with the Cornell Abroad program: Cornell in India: Nilgiris Field Learning Center (NFLC). Students participating in our Nilgiris Field Learning Center (NFLC) semester abroad receive 3 credits in NTRES, CRP and ANTHRO, plus 4 credits of independent research, plus 2 credits of language instruction for a total of 15 credits. Link to program information: www.cuabroad.cornell.edu/?go=NFLC.Outcomes
- Understand relationships between land use and diet, health, economic security, culture, and ecological integrity at household, community, and regional scales.
- Develop cross-cultural learning capabilities.
- Develop capacity to participate in design and execution of interdisciplinary, problem-based, community engaged research on questions of sustainability.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Kotagiri, India
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Taught in Katagiri, India. Participation in the NFLC, Kortagiri India Program required.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: