- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The objective of the Global Citizenship and Sustainability (GCS) program is to help students learn about global sustainable development in a localized context involving isolated and remote indigenous communities living in tropical rain-forested areas that are of global ecological significance and which are regarded as highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. NTRES 4002 is the post-departure course for students that spend January in Borneo (NTRES 4001) working with indigenous communities on community-based research. This course is focused on post-departure reflection, community-based engagement, and analysis.
When Offered Multi-semester course, Spring.
Permission Note Students must enroll in NTRES 4001 and NTRES 4002 to receive a final grade.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: NTRES 4000, NTRES 4001.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY, CU-UGR)
- Students will be able to reflect on critical service-learning, re-entry, and global citizenship after the Borneo experience.
- Students will be able to analyze data from interviews conducted in Borneo.
- Students will be able to utilize research project management skills by developing a timeline and deliverable schedule for community outreach products.
- Students will be able to lead and facilitate class sessions and present research findings to partners, stakeholders, faculty and students.
- Students will be able to communicate with stakeholders by organizing a feedback session, presenting work, and facilitating discussion.
- Students will be able to receive and give feedback on research and outreach.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- RAlice H. Cook House 105
- Jan 21 - Mar 10, 2020
Prerequisite: NTRES 4000, NTRES 4001. Permission of instructor required.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: