- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course will review the scientific evidence regarding the biological characteristics of those who eat vegetarian diets, the nutrient profile of a vegetarian dietary pattern and the chronic and acute health effects of consuming vegetarian diets. Ultimately, students will be able to describe how the knowledge in these aspects of vegetarianism has been acquired.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: NS 1150 or introductory biology.
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
- Students will be able to describe the biological characteristics of people who eat vegetarian diets.
- Students will be able to describe the nutrient profile of vegetarian diets.
- Students will be able to describe the health effects of vegetarian diets.
- Students will be able to describe the scientific evidence linking vegetarian diets to health.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWSavage Hall 100
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisite: NS 1150 or Introductory Biology. If you are not able to enroll, please contact Terry Mingle (tpm2).
Or send this URL: