- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Business platforms are a set of business and technology building blocks that serve to facilitate the creation of complementary products and services. They are an essential feature of modern economies, particularly among products and services created by software. The emphasis of this course is on how to create, grow, gain value and capture market share from platforms. Course content will draw concepts from network effects, information asymmetry, pricing, and game theory. Students will apply these concepts to make decisions on how to manage platforms in case studies drawing from social media, entrepreneurship, enterprise software, and mobile services, among others. The course will be useful for students interested in founding new businesses, managing technology ventures and investing.
When Offered Spring (weeks 8-14).Outcomes
- Formulate and implement strategies to grow, maintain, and capture value from platforms.
- Demonstrate competency in applying concepts from economics and strategic management that inform understanding of how and when platforms grow and decline.
- Identify and analyze evidence of the impact of platforms on markets and broader society and communicate results.
- Offer critical analysis of contemporary business events related to platforms.
- Develop effective skills in communicating strategic decisions.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWSage Graduate Hall B11
- Mar 11 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
*Open to Johnson and Non-Johnson Graduate Students Only)* Add/Drop Dates: Johnson Students January 14th at 8:00am thru February 4th at 4:00pm with an additional Add/Drop period beginning March 11th at 8:00am to March 18th at 4:00pm. You may add or drop a second-half class after March 18th with permission of the faculty. A late fee of $100.00 will be charged for each add or drop transaction. If you are dropping after April 8th you will also receive a "W" on your transcript in addition to the late fees. Non-Johnson students may add themselves to the waitlists during the enrollment periods, however Johnson Students have priority into the classes and non-Johnsons will be enrolled: 1) IF seats are still available after Johnson students complete their enrollment period and 2) IF the instructor allows. Non-Johnson students must see their college registrar regarding policies connected with adding/dropping a second half Johnson School class. A petition may be required.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: