- Schedule of Classes - February 16, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 16, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Selected topics in the analysis and design of vehicle components and vehicle systems. Emphasis on automobiles. Engines, transmissions, suspension, brakes, and aerodynamics are discussed. The course uses first principles and applies them to specific systems. The course is highly quantitative, using empirical and analytical approaches.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 2030 and ENGRD 2210, or permission of instructor.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies Senior Design requirement if enrolled in MAE 4861.Outcomes
- Students will be able to perform basic calculations for internal combustion spark ignition engines, including turbochargers and superchargers.
- Calculate the power and torque required to operate a vehicle under various loads.
- Calculate braking and acceleration performance.
- Calculate the dynamic stability of vehicles.
- Calculate steering and suspension performance.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRUpson Hall 142
To fulfill M.E. senior design requirement, enroll in MAE 4861.
Or send this URL: