- Schedule of Classes - February 23, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 23, 2020 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course builds on the foundation of MAE 3230. The lectures emphasize on the physics and mathematical analysis of the subject. Topics include incompressible flows, compressible flows, and computational fluid dynamics. As an integral part of the course, you will learn numerical method and how to use ANSYS/Fluent to solve flow problems. The students will develop problem-solving skills, through which to cultivate an appreciation for the rich and complex structure of fluids, and appreciation for fundamental ideas in fluid dynamics.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 3230 or CEE 3310/BEE 3310, CHEME 3230, or permission of instructor.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies Senior Design requirement if enrolled in MAE 4231.Outcomes
- Students will understand the derivation and physical meaning of the conservation equations.
- Be able to derive analytical solutions to simplified problems.
- Understand the underlying models in ANSYS/FLUENT.
- Be able to apply ANSYS/FLUENT to solve a range of problems.
- Understand numerical methods and the limitations of CFD.
- Demonstrate the ability to design a component using CFD analysis in ANSYS/FLUENT.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFUpson Hall 216
Enroll in MAE 4231 to fulfill MAE Senior Design Requirement.
Or send this URL: