- Schedule of Classes - May 30, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 30, 2020 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Formal training and practice of skills required for leading people in an academic or business environment. Skills include coaching, feedback, managing conflict, fostering teamwork, creating vision, and developing diversity. A significant portion is devoted to understanding one's own strengths and weaknesses and how to recognize and use strengths in others.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Ph.D. students or graduate students enrolled in leadership or management programs.
- Understand theoretical perspectives, roles and processes of leadership.
- Identify and assess the competencies, capabilities and values required for effective leadership.
- Examine and practice leadership approaches and tools for leading groups, coaching individuals and teams, resolving conflict, and leading change.
- Analyze and critique the leadership of community groups, lab group, department, college and the university.
- Network with other students and learn about cultural differences.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- RWarren Hall 137
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Or send this URL: