- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
For 90-plus years, Hotel Ezra Cornell has been an essential part of the Cornell Hotel School, allowing students the opportunity to put theory into practice while taking on the leadership responsibility for this student-run hospitality showcase. Through participation on the Board of Directors, students practice the complexities of leading and managing individuals, teams and the organization as well as growing their leadership skills through experiential learning. Critical course outcomes include applying fundamental business principles to plan, organize, staff, direct, and financially control the weekend-long HEC 95 conference to be held March 12 – 15, 2020; leading a diverse team of students and volunteers through understanding individual differences, leveraging conflict management and applying team-based problem-solving techniques; preparing and presenting professional-quality written and oral communications; and critically assessing personal strengths and development needs through the experiential learning process.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Fees Field trip fee: approximately $200 for November hotel show.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: SHA juniors and seniors who have been selected to be on the HEC Board of Directors.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies HADM or Free Electives for SHA students.Outcomes
- Students will apply fundamental business principles to analyze situations within a diverse hospitality management context.
- Students will create professional-quality written business documents from a management perspective.
- Students will plan and deliver a professional-quality oral presentation within the context of a diverse hospitality organization.
- Students will demonstrate effective behaviors within a diverse team.
- Students will describe their personal strengths and development needs, and identify opportunities to further enhance relevant knowledge and skills.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWStatler Hall 351
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Cost of required field trip to November hotel show in NYC: approx. $200. Enrollment limited to: SHA juniors and seniors who have been selected to be on the HEC Board of Directors.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: