- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The focus of this course will be using 3D digital technologies such as 3D scanning, virtual prototyping and 3D printing, to create one-of-a kind and innovative fashion products. Students will develop digital prototypes. They will also experiment with laser cutting, Sonobond ultrasonic fusing technology, and digital textile printing. Experimental design samples will be used to create full-scale garments.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Cost of materials: minimum $300.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Apparel undergraduate and graduate students with the stated prerequisites of equivalent courses.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1140, FSAD 1450 , FSAD 2650, (or similar studio course experiences for graduate students). Co-enrollment in FSAD 3770-Collections for Fashion Industry is strongly advised for fashion design majors.
- Create laser files for cutting and engraving a wide range of fashion fabrics.
- Develop innovative fashions by using laser technology as a new tool for garment design.
- Combine laser cutting technology with Sonobond ultrasonic surface detailing to develop unique fashion products for portfolios, displays, and competitions.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRHuman Ecology Building T13
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Or send this URL: