- Schedule of Classes - February 24, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 24, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course covers the design and production of weft knit fabrics using manual flat knitting machines and programmable electronic machines. Students will explore the aesthetics of knit patterns, the shaping of knit pieces, the mechanics of knitting, and the potential of programming for knit design.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 2370.
- An understanding of both the aesthetic and performance qualities of basic knit fabric stitch structures.
- An understanding of the basic mechanics and vocabulary of knit machines.
- The ability to translate visual research from sketchbook, swatch exploration and mood boards into a cohesive knit collection.
- The ability to program simple patterns on a computer driven knitting machine.
- A basic understanding of various yarn types and fibers in relation to knit fabrics and their perspective end uses.
Or send this URL: