- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Project-based course in which students explore the relationship between technology and design, and the impact of production issues on manufactured activewear. Students learn computer-aided patternmaking, activewear construction methods, manufacturing technologies, communication of technical details, flats, specifications, and costing of garments. Designs are developed to various stages from conceptual work to full specification of the product and its production details, with a concentration on the iterative design process.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Course fee: minimum $150 for materials. Lab fee: $20.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1140 and FSAD 1450. Recommended: drawing course.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of technical concepts and communication processes that facilitate active wear product development in the apparel industry.
- Students will develop strategies for using technology such that development time is reduced and successful iterative designs are produced.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWHuman Ecology Building T14
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Disabled for this roster.