- Schedule of Classes - February 21, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 21, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to observe agricultural development in India or Myanmar and to promote interdisciplinary exchange among faculty, staff, students and their Indian Myanmaran counterparts. A three-week field-study trip in January (IARD 6015) is followed by this spring course that includes discussions, written projects, and oral presentations dealing with problems in food, agriculture, and livestock production in the context of social and economic conditions of India or Myanmar.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: IARD 4020, IARD 6015 and/or permission of instructors.
Distribution Category (D-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
Comments This class is the second half of a 2-term course. Students must be enrolled in IARD 6015 during winter session to participate and receive a grade in IARD 6020.Outcomes
- Critically discuss and understand the various issues that affect the social status, political influence, economics, ethnic status, geography, agriculture, cultural norms, religion, social movements, etc. that influence the diverse communities (rural, urban, poor and middle class) in India or Myanmar.
- Experience living and interacting with various local communities and people and projects in India or Myanmar to confirm what was learned in the 4020 course so they can articulate and identify key social, economic and food security issues directly by observing in the field.
- Comfortably interact with the Indian students that accompany them on the trip.
- Demonstrate their ability to synthesize what they learned in the field visit into valuable outputs in the form of group presentations, final papers and reflections on their experiences when they return from the field trip.
Seven Week - First. Combined with: IARD 6020
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- RWarren Hall 173
- Jan 21 - Mar 10, 2020
Any additional individual theme group meetings will be announced by your group leader with the day, time, and room location.
Or send this URL: