- Schedule of Classes - February 21, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 21, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Covers the chemistry of foods and food ingredients. Discusses the chemical and physical properties of water, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and other food components and additives in the context of their interactions and functional roles in foods.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEM 1570 or BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Master the basics of food chemistry.
- Develop a qualitative understanding of the general principles that govern the behavior of food materials.
- Demonstrate a general familiarity with the principal groups of food molecules, their reactions in foods and during processing, and how their properties affect foods.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFStocking Hall 146
Prerequisite: CHEM 1570 or BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310.
Or send this URL: