- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
EDUC 3920 utilizes fieldwork in community organizations to provide a platform for personal development in leadership skills and aptitudes. This course incorporates extensive field work in teaching, program development, mentoring, and evaluation based upon current leadership theories. The course is intended to integrate theory and practice associated with interactions in non-formal environments that are themselves, developing leadership in learners of various ages. The fieldwork includes a minimum of 40 hours of supervised program interaction over the semester.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: students who are officers in community based organizations and permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Analyze and refine an organization's structural documentation (by-laws, budget, program of activities).
- Develop workshop facilitation skills as part of a conference or event.
- Apply Social Change models to an organization's efforts. Critique areas of success and growth.
- Compose and deliver workshops for different audiences that may include state leaders, secondary teachers and students, supporters and community members.
- Reflect and evaluate their personal growth with guidance and feedback from peers and faculty.
- Evaluate team dynamics within the organization, propose areas of potential development.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRPlant Science Building 141
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: