- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
State-space and multi-input-multi-output linear systems in discrete and continuous time. The state transition matrix, the matrix exponential, and the Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Controllability, observability, stability, realization theory. At the level of Linear Systems by Kailath.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 3260, ECE 3250, or permission of instructor. Recommended: good background in linear algebra and linear differential equations.
- Students will have an ability to develop state space models of dynamic linear systems in continuous time and discrete time based on physics models, input/output models, or rudimentary input/output experimental data.
- An ability to determine whether a system is controllable or observable.
- An ability to design stable state observers using pole placement.
- An ability to design stable full-state feedback controllers and observer-based controllers using pole placement.
- An ability to analyze system stability using pole locations and using the Lyapunov equation.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWPhillips Hall 307
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Disabled for this roster.