- Schedule of Classes - May 26, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 26, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This is a senior-level course in information networking with an emphasis on wireless technology. Examples of topics include: 5G cellular, the latest WiFi standards, Bluetooth, routing and switching, congestion control, network security, and user privacy. Though the focus will be on communication networking technologies, downstream legal and social issues that arise from design decisions will be discussed.
When Offered Spring.Outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of how modern cellular technology, the Internet and other prominent technologies reached their current form.
- Ability to understand and analyze basic important algorithms in the Internet, such as congestion control and shortest path routing.
- Be able to understand the challenges that come with designing wireless networks and the tradeoff of corresponding solutions.
- Understand the limitation of current wired and wireless architectures. Be able to perform related analysis and design, and to predict future emphases as these technologies evolve.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRBill and Melinda Gates Hll G01
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Or send this URL: