- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course immerses students in the act and art of design communication. Students focus on a series of exercises covering both manual and digital visualization techniques to effectively present and communicate ideas to oneself and others. Students will become experienced with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), AutoCAD and SketchUp software applications in addition to manual hand skill development (sketching, drafting, rendering).
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Fees Cost of materials: approximately $200; technology fee: $10.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DEA undergraduate majors. Other students by permission only.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Comments DEA majors must earn B- or higher in DEA 1150 to enroll in subsequent studios.Outcomes
- Apply a variety of visualization skills and techniques for effective communication.
- Use sketches and renderings as design and communication tools using both manual and digital media.
- Produce competent presentation graphics across a range of tools.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRM Van Rensselaer Hall 4101
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisite: DEA majors must earn B- or higher in DEA 1150 to enroll in subsequent studios. Minimum cost of materials: $200; technology fee: $10. Some class activities will take place in T14 HEB
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.