- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Reviews qualitative methods used in communication research, including interviews, focus groups, fieldwork (ethnography), and case studies. Students practice the various methods so they can learn to apply them to their own research. Students also discuss how researchers analyze qualitative data and build theories from their observations.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 6820.
- Students will be able to describe strengths and weaknesses of qualitative research.
- Students will be able to distinguish between different epistemological approaches within qualitative research.
- Students will be able to analyze the key steps in conducting qualitative research including access, sampling, data collecting, data analysis, and writing.
- Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the class to an independent qualitative research project.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TWarren Hall 113
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisite: COMM 6820 or by approval from instructor.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: