- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Focuses on reading and evaluating the theories and research methodologies used to investigate communication via computer systems. Assignments include student collaborations using electronic conferencing and other advanced communication technologies, as well as reflections on and evaluations of these collaborations in light of current theories and research findings. Topics include virtual teams, videoconferencing, and others as they emerge.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate standing or permission of instructor.
- Students will gain a theoretical understanding of the field of CMC and become familiar with both common and novel CMC tools,though readings and in depth class discussion of key articles in the field.
- Students will gain an understanding of how CMC researchers conduct their research, though a series of mini projects that require them to examine CMC phenomena and write short reports on them.
- Students will gain an in depth understanding of a selected area of CMC, through their team project and class presentation.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRUpson Hall 142
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: