- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course deals with the psychological, social, and technical aspects of being embodied in virtual environments. During this course, students will learn how human—and non-human—entities and their actions are represented as virtual bodies. The course is organized around three areas: an overview of how a sense of embodiment is created in virtual reality, an overview of research on virtual embodiment, and current and future applications. Students will experience virtual environments, relate course topics to current events, and experiment with the creation of immersive virtual content.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Intended for: juniors and seniors.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to discuss peer-reviewed journal articles on embodied virtual reality and related topics.
- Students will be able to defend their views in class and make a presentation on how topics covered in class can be extended to new applications for embodied virtual reality.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRComstock Hall-Academic II B108
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Enrollment intended for: juniors and seniors.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: