- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Multi-semester course spring (weeks 1-14). 3 credits (awarded on completion of all classes in multi-semester course). R grades only (in progress). Students must enroll in both COMM 3080 and COMM 3081 to receive a final grade. R is recorded for satisfactory progress at the end of the first semester (COMM 3080) of a two-semester course.
When Offered Multi-semester course (Spring).
Permission Note Enrollment is by application only.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one theory and one practice course related to environmental communication, which can be taken prior to, or concurrently, with seminar.
Distribution Category (KCM-AG, SBA-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments This seminar is a required course for a new engaged learning "track" and limited to 10 students, who will be matched with an organizational partner for a paid summer internship. Students must enroll in both COMM 3080 (spring) and 3081 (fall) to receive a final letter grade. Students will receive a placeholder grade (R) in the spring and upon completion of COMM 3081, the R grade will be replaced with a letter grade. Contact professors for more information.Outcomes
- Students will be able to translate research and course learning into direct application.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively across multiple platforms through engagement with the community sector.
- Students will be able to thoroughly comprehend multiple perspectives on environmental communication and develop skills to apply them in an academic and workplace setting.
- Students will be able to apply cutting-edge academic knowledge to accelerate public engagement on sustainability and environmental issues.
- Students will be able to interact with diverse communities and cultures through internships and coursework.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- RComstock Hall-Academic II B104
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
For more information about the class, please visit: https://communication.cals.cornell.edu/undergraduate-program/engaged-cornell-enviro-comm/ The application can be found here: https://communication.cals.cornell.edu/content/comm-3080-application/
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: