- Schedule of Classes - February 21, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 21, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The discovery and development of petroleum resources and their subsequent transformation to transportation fuels. Topics include exploration and drilling techniques, reservoir engineering, conversion of well fluid to transportable crude oil and gas, extraction of natural gas liquids, and petroleum refining. Various processing scenarios for different crude oils will be modeled by refinery software.
When Offered Spring.
Comments (Module course)Outcomes
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon geology. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon exploration methodologies and reservoir characterization. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of hydrocarbon well drilling. (a,c,e)
- A basic understanding of surface processing of well fluid and how they are converted to transportable products. (a,c,e,h)
- An understanding of petroleum refining and the interaction between processing schemes and the profitable processing of different crude oils. (b,c,e,j)
- Outcome 6: An understanding of the petroleum supply chain (c,h,j)
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWHollister Hall 110
Enrollment limited to: juniors, seniors and graduate students.
Or send this URL: