- Schedule of Classes - February 26, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 26, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The course connects the themes of culture, society, and water infrastructure in the context of the majority world. The goal of the course is to offer students an experiential learning opportunity, working with AguaClara partner organizations and civil society organizations in emerging markets. Students will learn about the challenges and opportunities of creating sustainable infrastructure, institutional networks, and technical backstopping for water, sanitation, and hygiene. During the spring semester students synthesize the readings and their observations to develop a clearer understanding of the challenges of cross cultural collaboration designed to make the world a better place. This is the final part of a three-course sequence.
When Offered Spring (weeks 1-7).
Fees Fee: approximately $2,000 (includes airport shuttle, airfare, local transportation, food, and lodging for winter trip).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CEE 4560, CEE 4561 or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies Liberal Arts Requirement.
Comments This is the third part of a yearlong course. Students who took CEE 4560 and CEE 4561 must take CEE 4562 to complete the course and receive a grade.Outcomes
- Develop an appreciation for the role of respectful relationships and win/win/win interactions in the creation of collaborative networks.
- Develop a clearer understanding of the challenges and complexity of cross cultural collaboration designed to make the world a better place.
- Develop the ability to analyze Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Interventions for common failure modes that include issues of technology, economics, governance, user preferences, and institutional capacity.
- Develop the capacity to observe, document those observations, separate inference from observation, and reflect at a deeper level.
Or send this URL: