- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course is a follow up to the Fall course BTRY 4950. The students will be exposed to more advanced statistical methods. This course will give students the opportunity to apply the statistical knowledge gained in their courses to "real-life" problems. Through the consultants of the Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU), students will be exposed to various areas in which statistical methods are applied. Students will gain experience in choosing and implementing appropriate statistical procedures in various statistical software packages. They will also learn how to communicate effectively to understand the client's problem and to explain methods and results to non-statisticians.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BTRY 4950.
- Integrate the statistical knowledge gained in courses and apply them to "real life" problems.
- Learn to communicate effectively with clients to gather the information needed to make the link between the research questions to be addressed and the statistical methods
- Research the application of statistical methodologies that are useful to clients and explain them to an audience of non-statisticians.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BTRY 7951
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- RComstock Hall-Academic II B106
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisite: BTRY 4950 must be taken in the fall semester.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: