- Schedule of Classes - June 25, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 25, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Experiments include PCR, immunoprecipitations, western blots, RNAi, antibody staining, optogenetics, and behavioral assays. Experiments emphasize how molecular techniques can be applied to studying neurobiological problems and will culminate in designing your own experiments.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 16 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2801.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
- Demonstrate competence in basic molecular biology and protein biochemistry skills in the laboratory and the underlying principles of these techniques.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic bioinformatics tools such as BLASTN, TBLASTN, and BLASTP and using model organism databases such as FlyBase.
- Develop a clear understanding of how different laboratory techniques provide complementary information about gene expression.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of scientific procedures and results through written laboratory reports.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- T Wing Hall 302
- Jan 21 - May 5, 2020
Instruction Mode: Hybrid - Online & In Person
Prerequisite: BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 2801. The lab is open until 5:00 pm for additional work. Labs frequently last to 1 or 2 PM but it is possible to attend one class on Tuesday if it meets after 11 AM as the experiments have incubation steps or other breaks. But plan on returning after class to finish the experiments. A section on Thursday will be scheduled after the course begins. If you have additional questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disabled for this roster.